The Memorial Hall (registered charity no.1106817) is the village hall for the parish of Wellow. It was originally established on its site overlooking the village green and its famous maypole in 1923 as a memorial to the men of the village who had been killed or wounded during the first World War. Plaques commemorating these villagers, and subsequently those men and women who likewise served their country in World War II, are still proudly displayed inside the hall. In 1981 the hall was completely rebuilt, and is available for hire to both village residents and those from outside the parish. Many Wellow organisations use it for their meetings and events. Sherwood Crematorium is less than a mile away, making the hall a convenient venue for functions afterwards.The hall offers a pleasant room for functions, meetings and classes. It has a sprung wooden floor, small stage and comfortable seating (new in 2006) for up to 100 people. Wall hooks are provided to aid the erection of an ‘internal marquee’ to enhance special events, such as wedding receptions.There is also a kitchen equipped with electric cooker, microwave, urn and crockery. Hirers can also have the use of 100 place settings of cutlery if required. Another smaller room, also with hatch facilities and sink, is ideal for additional catering purposes.Facilities also include a fully accessible disabled toilet, which has a drop-down baby changing station as well. A portable ramp is provided for use at the main entrance (where there is a single low-rise step).
For bookings contact: Linda 01623 862554 email@example.com