Church Organ
Wellow Village | Nottinghamshire
Church Organ
An   organ   costing   £100.   was   put   into   the   church   in   1898.   The   vicar,   The   Rev.   W.   Beecher, replaced   it   at   his   own   expense   with   the   present   organ   costing   £500   in   1903.   There   was   a complete renovation of the instrument in 1974. Mr.   Beecher   was   a   Priest   who   had   considerable   private   means   and   thoughout   his   ministry   in the   parish   gave   very   generously   to   the   poor   and   the   needy   and   to   anyone   who   could   win   his sympathy.   He   was   equally   generous   to   his   church   to   which   he   gave   many   gifts   and   saw   to   it that   the   building   never   lacked   anything   for   want   of   funds.   He   died   on   March   27th,   1914,   at   the age   of   61   years.   He   seems   to   have   been   something   of   a   character   who   "greatly   enjoyed   guns and   his   jokes."   It   is   also   said   of   him   that   if   someone   died   of   whom   he   did   not   approve,   he   went to Lincoln for the day and left the curate of Ollerton to take the funeral.
Wellow Village
The Wellow Village Website